AKVIS Frame Suite 2.6
AKVIS Frame Suite 2.6 is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that provides collection of frames, edge and texture effects suitable for the decoration of photos and other image compositions.
Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
AKVIS Frame Suite 2.6 is a Photoshop compatible plug-in with an impressive collection of frames, edge and texture effects suitable for the decoration of photos and other image compositions.
Frame Suite 2.6 provides 12 basic effects that can be further customized to create your own presets and libraries.
Frame Suite 2.6 is a new version of the same plug-in that we reviewed in the past -- the updated version has several new and improved features.
The new features are:
- New frames and edges has been added for the holiday season.
- All the new frames and edges can be found in the Pattern Library.
Frame Suite is from AKVIS, a company based in Russia that specializes in graphics programs. Apart from Frame Suite, AKVIS also creates other Photoshop compatible plug-ins like Retoucher, Chameleon, Stamp, Sketch, Enhancer, Decorator and Coloriage.
You can download a free 10 day trial version of Frame Suite from the AKVIS site.
My contact at AKVIS for this review was Kat Kharina, thank you Kat.
How To Use
Here’s how you can typically use Frame Suite 2.6 on a image.
- Open any image in an image editor such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Choose Filter | AKVIS | Frame Suite, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: AKVIS Frame Suite
- This will open the Frame Suite 2.6 interface that you can see in the Figure 2 below.
Figure 2: AKVIS Frame Suite 2.6 Interface
- The interface is divided into two parts: the left side is the preview window where you can see the picture and the
changes made, the right side of the interface has the list of Effect and the settings.
- Select the Effect list provided as show in Figure 3 and choose the Pattern option.
Figure 3: Effect list
From the Pattern Library choose Holidays. see Figure 4.
Figure 4: Holidays
This opens a panel with festive holiday patterns -- double click the pattern you want to select.
- This opens the properties for the chosen pattern, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Pattern properties
If you want to use another pattern, double click on the thumbnail to open the pattern library.
- After selecting the pattern, click the Run icon (see icon below).
- This applies and creates a preview of the image. If you want to make more changes, you can select another pattern as
required. You can preview the changed image in the After tab, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: The Before and After tabs
- Once you’re done with the applying the pattern, apply the result to the image by pressing the Apply icon (see
icon below) to return to the image editor.
|Price:||US$49 and above|
|Trial Version:||10 days|