AKVIS Frame Suite 2
AKVIS Frame Suite 2 plug-in contains collection of frames and edge effects.
Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
AKVIS Frame Suite 2 is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that contains an impressive collection of frames and edge effects. These default frames and edges can be customized -- and you can then create your own presets.
AKVIS Frame Suite 2 is a new version of the same plug-in that we reviewed in the past -- the updated version has several new and improved features.
The new features are:
- Two new edge effects: Frost and Artistic Crop.
- Works fast on both PowerPC and Intel Macs (also works on Windows).
- Improved handling of color profiles.
Frame Suite is from AKVIS, a company based in Russia that specializes in graphics programs. Apart from Frame Suite, AKVIS also creates other Photoshop compatible plug-ins like Retoucher, Chameleon, Stamp, Sketch, Enhancer, Decorator and Coloriage.
You can download a free 10 day trial version of Frame Suite from the AKVIS site.
My contact at AKVIS for this review was Kat Kharina, thank you Kat.
How To Use
Here’s how you can use Frame Suite 2 to apply a frame or edge to a image:
- Open any image in an image editor such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Choose Filter | AKVIS | Frame Suite, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: AKVIS Frame Suite
- This will open the Frame Suite 2 interface that you can see in the Figure 2 below.
Figure 2: AKVIS Frame Suite 2 Interface
- The interface is divided into two parts the left side is the preview window where you can see the picture and the
changes made, the right side of the interface has the list of frames and the settings.
- Select the frame list provided as show in Figure 3 and choose any frame you like to apply to the
Figure 3: Frames
- Once the frame is selected, change the properties of the frame as required (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Frame properties
- After selecting the frame or edge, click the Run icon (see icon below).
- This applies and creates a preview of the image. If you want to make more changes, you can select another frame
or edge as required. You can preview the changed image in the After tab, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: The Before and After tabs
- Once you’re done with the applying frame or a edge, apply the result to the image by pressing the Apply icon
(see icon below) to return to the image editor.
|Price:||US$49 and above|
|Trial Version:||10 days|