3D Invigorator is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that allows you to create 3D objects within Photoshop using Adobe Illustrator files and fonts.
Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
3D Invigorator is a Photoshop compatible plug-in that allows you to create 3D objects within Photoshop using Adobe Illustrator files and fonts. With 3D Invigorator, you can easily model a 3D objects, create 3D logos based on the vector files, and add depth, bevel, and other 3D features, and apply multiple lights and materials such as reflective, transparent, or bump textures to the object for more realistic output. You can do this all without using any other application, such as 3D Studio Max or similar.
3D Invigorator is from Digital Anarchy, a company based in San Francisco, USA that specializes in special effect filters for image editing and video programs. Digital Anarchy also creates other Photoshop compatible plug-ins like Primatte Chromakey 3, ToonIt!, Backdrop Designer, etc. Digital Anarchy markets 3D Invigorator for Zaxwerks.
You can download a free trial version of 3D Invigorator from the Digital Anarchy site.
My contact at Digital Anarchy for this review was Debbie Rich, thank you Debbie.
How To Use
Follow these steps to use 3D Invigorator:
- Open a new document in an image editor such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Choose Filter | Zaxwerks | 3D Invigorator, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: 3D Invigorator
- The first time you open 3D Invigorator, you will see a start up window appears with some options that you can see in
Figure 2: 3D Invigorator for Photoshop
- From the 3D Invigorator for Photoshop window choose Create 3D Text (refer Figure 2). The other
options are explained below:
- Open Illustrator File: With this option you can open any Adobe Illustrator file in 3D Invigorator,
and convert it to a 3D object.
- Create 3D Primitive: With this option you can create spheres, cubes, cylinders, pyramids, cones and
- Create a New Scene: This option opens 3D Invigorator interface.
- Open Illustrator File: With this option you can open any Adobe Illustrator file in 3D Invigorator, and convert it to a 3D object.
- This opens the 3D Text window shown in Figure 3. Here you can type the text message in the text
input box, and customize the text properties. Once done click OK.
Figure 3: 3D Text
- This will open 3D Invigorator interface with the text inserted, that you can see in Figure 4.
Figure 4: 3D Invigorator interface
- The interface is divided into three parts: the left side is where you'll find output options and a profile viewer,
the middle area is the work area and the right side of the interface has panes through which you can apply materials and
lighting to the object.
- Now from the right side of the interface you can apply default material from Material Swatches -- there are over 100
different material presets such as gold, chrome, glass, lacquer and puffy surfaces. If the presets don¹t provide the
desired effect, you can customize your own materials. Within the Lighting Style Swatches (see Figure 5),
even lighting styles can be customized.
Figure 5: Options
Note: For applying the materials from the Material Swatches, just drag and drop it on the object.
- In the work area of 3D Invigorator interface, there are options with which you can customize the size, placing and
rotation of the object.
- When done, from the left side of the interface in output tab choose the output sharpness ratio, as you can see in
Figure 6: Output sharpness
|Photoshop Versions:||CS2 and higher|