Essentially, the unit of measurement used by Microsoft Windows 10 is determined by settings in place within the Regional Settings applet
within the Control Panel -- choices available are U.S. and Metric -- in this tutorial, we'll show you how you can change the units from U.S.
to Metric, or vice versa.
Follow these steps to change the unit of measurement in Windows 10:
- Close all open applications. Click the Windows button (highlighted in red within
Figure 1) and then click Settings option, as shown highlighted in blue within
Figure 1: Select Settings option
You can also select the Control Panel
option as shown highlighted in green
, above. To use this option, look at our
Change The Unit Of Measurement in Windows 8
tutorial – this option works the same way in Windows 10.
- This opens the Settings dialog box, as shown in Figure 2. In this dialog box, select the
Time & language option (highlighted in red with Figure 2).
Figure 2: Settings dialog box
- This opens the Time & Language window, as shown in Figure 3. In this window, make sure that the
Region & language option is selected on the sidebar, as shown highlighted in red within
Figure 3. Then select the Additional date, time, & regional settings option, as shown highlighted in
blue within Figure 3.
Figure 3: Time & Language window
- This brings up the Clock, Language, and Region window. Within this window, click on Region option as
shown highlighted in red within Figure 4.
Figure 4: Clock, Language, and Region window
- This opens the multi-tabed Region dialog box that you can see in Figure 5. Within this dialog box, make
sure that the Formats tab is selected, and click the Additional settings... button (highlighted in
red within Figure 5).
Figure 5: Region dialog box
- This brings up another multi-tabbed Customize Format dialog box, as shown in Figure 6 - make sure that
you are on the Numbers tab. Then locate the Measurement system option, click it, and choose
Metric (or U.S.) from the resultant drop-down list, as shown highlighted in
red within Figure 6.
Figure 6: Customize Format dialog box
- Click the OK button to apply changes.
Change the Unit of Measurement in Windows 8
Change the Unit of Measurement in Windows 7
Change the Unit of Measurement in Windows Vista
Change the Unit of Measurement in Windows XP
PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences:
PowerPoint 2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007 and 2003 for Windows
PowerPoint 2016 and 2011 for Mac
Have your ever used keyboard shortcuts and sequences in PowerPoint? Or are you a complete keyboard aficionado?
Do you want to learn about some new shortcuts? Or do you want to know if your favorite keyboard shortcuts are documented?
Go and get a copy of our PowerPoint Keyboard Shortcuts and Sequences ebook.