Reviewed: Geetesh Bajaj
November 8th 2008
ConceptDraw Office is a business software solution that combines three different applications:
- ConcepDraw PRO,
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP, and
- ConceptDraw PROJECT.
A very important aspect ConceptDraw Office is their new InGyre technology that creates integration and synergies between all the three applications found in ConceptDraw Office. InGyre technology helps these applications cater to all requirements of managing a workflow or project such as:
- Capturing ideas,
- Planning and scheduling,
- Organizing the process,
- Arranging communications, and
- Process tracking and management.
More info on ConceptDraw Office and the InGyre technologies can be found on their site...
ConceptDraw Office is from Computer Systems Odessa, a company based Ukraine. Apart from ConceptDraw Office, the company also makes other products like ConceptDraw MindMap, Project, and Alchemist.
My contact at ConceptDraw Office for this review was Oleysa Yatsuk -- thank you, Oleysa.
As previously mentioned, ConceptDraw Office comprises the following three applications -- these are detailed below:
- ConceptDraw MINDMAP arranges and presents information as a visual map using pictures, symbols, text and the color. The application provides versatile integration with Microsoft Office and project management software along with complete support of mind mapping and brainstorming techniques.
Figure 1: ConceptDraw MINDMAP
As a component of ConceptDraw Office, ConceptDraw MINDMAP organizes and plans idea development. Users can create mind maps and presentations for team and management, and send task lists and related information.
- ConceptDraw PRO provides a wide choice of tools for creating charts and diagrams through the use of many pre-drawn library shapes and templates which helps create most common documents. It also enables the user to generate reports, documentation, and presentations that entirely reflect project performance used to create Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), and track project status on an intelligent dashboard.
Figure 2: ConceptDraw PRO
- ConceptDraw PROJECT is a tool for managing single or multiple projects by determining all essential elements involved into project, control schedules, resources and finances, and monitor projects' progress in an effective yet simple manner. The application provides the ability to plan project schedules, calculate expenses, track tasks execution, manage resource allocations, and set communication processes between team members through to-do lists and regular reports.
Figure 3: ConceptDraw PROJECT
ConceptDraw Office costs $499 for single user licence -- multiple users licence are available.
Support is through email, phone and online FAQ.
If you use any of these individual products, or need to use any of them for a particular use -- then you'll find that the three of them work very well together. Also, the products are cross platform for the Windows and Macintosh platforms -- thus making them great for cross platform organizations.